Research) 3D assets to Unity converting
Updated: May 21
My 3D animated modeling from C4d has:
Mospline & spline -> Vertex animation (Point level animation)
Transparent materials (Glass-like / film-like materials)
How to convert my vertex animation from C4D to Unity?
1) Alembic export + Alembic package install (Unity package manager)
2)Obj sequence + Megafiers + Riptide
1. Model/Animate in Cinema 4D.
2. Bake animation with Nitrobake in Cinema 4D.
3. Export animation from Cinema 4D as an obj sequence using Riptide Pro.
4. Bring obj mesh animation into Unity using MegaCache.
1)Export your animation to a .mdd file.
2)Get MegaFiers and install it for Unity
3)Import your base fbx model into Unity.
4)Add it to the scene.
5)Add the MegaFiers point cache modifier to the model.
6)Import the .mdd file from the Point Cache modifier inspector.
3)Using Vertex animation tool
4) Bake MoSpline animation for export to fbx format after working with Xpresso